Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Monday 23 January 2012

Are rhinos the most important thing happening?

I have been following the rhino poaching stories and people's reactions to it with interest. I agree it is horrific and senseless. And I don't want to minimize that at all.
But I do question whether this is the most important and heart breaking thing happening in the world?
Other things happening at the moment
- human trafficking
- Horrific rapes by family members
- murdering your family and committing suicide
I see people posting comments and pics on fb about the rhinos but I seldom see any reaction to all the ways in which people are abused daily.
Is the difference that we (humans) aren't at risk of going extinct?

No comments:

Post a Comment