Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Monday 9 April 2012

Shadows

Went for a walk on Sat morning. It was early enough that my shadow was beautifully tall and thin. I love that kind of shadow... Tall and thin!

What it made me think of is our reputations or how people view us. Sometimes those things precede us, like a shadow, and it can be tall and thin and impressive looking or it can precede us but be short and round and not very big.
Or sometimes our shadows, or reputations come behind us... The impression we leave behind.
And sometimes they walk next to us, much more in line with our real shape and size...

The point of this pondering was to wonder what reputation or impression precedes me. If people hear about me are they impressed? Or what impression do I leave behind?

Is it any at all? Is it one I'd be proud of? Is it one I'd be proud for Aubbie or Philippe to know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment