Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Monday 8 July 2013

Regrets...

I heard Gareth Cliff (I waver in my opinion of him... I think he is pretty intelligent but he is also nasty and opinionated... So some days i listen to him in the mornings and other days i don't!) say he has no regrets. None. Nada. Nothing...

Been thinking about that and i also know that " live without regrets" is a platitude people love to throw around... But i know i have regrets. Quite a lot. And i am also quite sure that i would prefer to live a life where i know i have regrets. For me to have regrets is to admit i have made mistakes, i recognise them and i want to change.

My regrets are mostly around relationships and how i have interacted with people. I dont really regret things i have done, even the stupid, crazy things! I dont regret jumping off a bridge into the hartebeesport dam or dancing like a silly person or singing loudly or going for a walk in the rain or having a bit too much to drink, or meeting new people, or putting my heart out ( i realise these are pretty tame...)
What i do regret though is how i have treated people or things i have said to people. I have not always been kind or generous or honest. I regret those times. I regret how i treated people in those situations.

And that's why i think regret isn't a bad thing cos... I hope that it means that next time i am faced with a similar relationship quandary I am kind, generous, honest...

No comments:

Post a Comment