Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Monday 21 January 2013

Luc lessons 2

The next thing that Luc has taught me is actually 2 things but they feel like 2 sides of the coin... Having a baby teaches you that you need to be super prepared and organised on the one hand but on the other hand you have to go with the flow and be ready for anything!

A case in point was Lucs arrival into this world. Our little guy was due to arrive on the 8 September. We went to see the gynae on Thursday 16 August to be told that actually our little guy would be arriving on MONDAY! MONDAY! Panic!!!!
That left us a weekend (Thank God) to organise ourselves... I hadn't organised anything! My baby shower had been the weekend before so i hadn't even unpacked all our presents! This was my first lesson in being ready for anything. Luckily I have an awesome sister in law, Fern who has a baby who came over and helped me organise myself. And of course my mom! Between the 2 of them and my amazing hubby Philippe they got me organised. This was my first lesson in being prepared (because i wasn't!!!).

 And then day to day examples of this... Some days Luc decides that the routine he has been following for 2 or 3 weeks is not for him anymore and he likes to mix the routine up! and i have to go with the flow. one of the best examples of how you need to be prepared is when you go out! You really do need that nappy bag because the one day you haven't checked it or brought it with is the day you will need it. Again Fern had to come to my rescue at her son, Matthews birthday party because i had forgotten to pack nappies!





For someone who likes to be prepared, that has been an easier lesson to learn. Going with the flow is harder because it feels like i don't control my world! But a lot of the time i don't anymore...
This sweet bundle of joy does!


1 comment: