Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Friday 25 January 2013

Luc lessons 3

Being a mom is hard! I know everyone says it...and they say it so much that i dont think people really hear it any more! I know when i was pregnant i kind of expected it to be hard but i really had no idea. i couldnt get my head around people moaning about not sleeping, only getting dressed at lunch time or not having time to go to the loo. BUT NOW... I KNOW! I understand... because i havent had a full nights sleep in 5 months, i regularly get dressed only around 11 (when Luc is having his long sleep!) and i snatch pee times when i know he is asleep or safely lying somewhere! I KNOW!

So what this intense, overwhelming, enormous, hectic, roller coaster experience has taught me is this... So often i have prayed during this time "Pls just make him sleep, eat, calm down... etc" I was discussing this with my friend Sonja and she was saying that she read a Joyce Meyer study that said in the bible there was only once that someone prayed pls take this thing away from me/ change my circumstances (Paul and the thorn in his side!). Rather people pray for strength, wisdom, courage, perseverance, knowledge of Gods love to help them through a tough situation!
I found this really challenging but also super encouraging. God is probably not going to take away my sleepless nights (which is the biggest thing i pray for!) but he will give me strength to deal with them at the moment and wisdom on how to teach my boy to sleep...
 So what Luc is teaching me is to pray rather for Gods presence in my situation rather than taking my situation away. Which is again that thing of being present NOW, not wishing for the future. [Although i am seriously looking forward to sleeping through!]

Being present allows me to experience these fantastic moments with my little guy. (Yes- we have just started solids- Luc pulls the greatest faces as he tastes all these new flavours!)
And hopefully, as i watch my little Luc learn and play and experience and laugh and cry and be very awake, i will remember to pray rather for Gods presence than him taking away my situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment