Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Thursday 2 May 2013

Losing my independence

Before i met Philippe i was pretty much single. The longest relationship i had, had before Philippe was 3 months. So i was used to being single. And i was independent!
I did my own thing- when i wanted, how i wanted and where i wanted.
I went to parties on my own, i drove home late at night without a blink of an eye, i didnt let people know where i was (although i did (half seriously joke with my mom that she must please check in with me every 2nd day to check i hadnt died), i did my own thing, i watched whatever i liked on tv, i ate whatever i liked for supper (a lot of take- aways, chocolate and frequently a bag of ghost pops for supper!), i enjoyed my evenings alone but also enjoyed making last minute plans if i wanted, i liked sleeping in the MIDDLE of my queen size bed

Philippe is away at the moment. He is riding JoBerg2c- amazing man. I am so proud of him.
And i realise i have lost my independence.
I miss letting someone know where i am all the time
i miss having someone to just sit with in the evenings
i miss having someone to drive with at night
i miss finding the least awful thing on SABC with him
i miss cooking dinner for him
i miss my human hot water bottle

i worried when i got married that i would miss my independence. Sure, the 1st year (and 2nd and 3rd..) was an adjustment. But i dont miss that independence at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment