Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Thursday 23 January 2014

Contentment

I am not good at new years resolutions (who is???) and no matter how many Cosmo articles I read on "how to keep those resolutions!" I inevitably don't...

So what I rather want to do is a theme for the year. And this year is contentment.

Something I really struggle with... Don't get me wrong this doesn't mean just giving up and not putting any effort in (slob here we come). Rather it is about being Content in myself, my situation, my timing, MYSELF. My first step in my contentment journey is trying to understand what it really means. when I have some real insights I will let you know.

One thing I do think is that contentment and gratitude are closely linked... so I will be trying to be overtly grateful (even when I dont feel like it). Would be cool to hear anyones thoughts on contentment and what works for you....

To kick it off.
Today I am grateful for:
An evening spent chatting and hanging out with my handsome hubby
Delighted giggles from Lucie Palukie when he teases me
Lunch with Juliana where we could have talked for another 3 hours
Other moms and knowing I am not alone, crazy, over- protective or over- the top
A new morning and watching the sun rise

No comments:

Post a Comment