Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Tuesday 25 February 2014

More on losing my religion

So my last post taught (or rather highlighted) some things for me:
  1. People are amazing. The support and care people showered on me after my (very public) rant was incredible. Thank you friends. Much appreciated.
  2. You definitely need a catchy title for blog posts... Much more people read them :)
  3. Being vulnerable is hard. I had the largest vulnerability hangover EVER.
So... I am still feeling a little (lot) sore and lost and sad but better. The support of friends and virtual friends has been wonderful.
What I have realised though is that the place I want to be is with God. I want to be in his presence. My heart longs for that. But it is sore and raw and hard there cos I cant pretend I am ok and all my junk hanging out isn't pretty. I cant pretend I am ok, strong, not hurting. So I am avoiding that place a bit (lot ;-)).
And I maintain I don't want to hear advice or 5 easy steps to healing/ hearing or whatever.  I hope it is ok with God that I will find my way back to our relationship (NOT RELIGION) in time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think God needs religion to do his PR work or manage his appointments as much as religion needs God. You are in a good place. Enjoy the new relationship.

    ReplyDelete