Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Thursday 7 February 2013

Luc Lesson 6


Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;    you formed me in my mother’s womb.
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!     Body and soul, I am marvelously made
I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something. 


Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you,

The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.
Psalm 139: 13- 16 (The message)

 So... my latest offerings on things i have learned from lil Luc is that we are TRULY FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made! I kind of knew this before Luc arrived... Anatomy will help with that concept ;-)! But i have only truly got this now.
I was chatting to my friend Jen on Whats App tonight and she is 21 weeks pregnant and sent me pics of her little bean... I was just reminded again how incredible LIFE is!

The 1st pic is when our little boy was 8 weeks, 4 days old (from conception) and the 2nd pic is when he was 1 day old (from birth).

It is just mind blowing to imagine how 2 cells come together so that within 8 weeks there is a little person with the beginnings of arms and legs and a HEARTBEAT!
And then from there... all the organs, bones, nerves, veins, arteries...everything gets in the right place so that this perfect little boy is born! MIND BLOWING!
And it doesnt end there. There is physical growth which is amazing. Luc was only 2.3 kg when he was born and is now a hefty 6.5kg but even more fascinating to watch is their development:
From a little being who cant hold their head up to my curious little boy who is trying to look at everything.
From just reflex movement to being able to put his dummy back in his own mouth
From sleeping lots to fighting going to sleeping because there is too much to see
Recognizing me and Philippe
Smiling
Laughing
Sitting
Rolling over (although Luc isnt that keen on rolling!)
Playing with his toes, his fingers and now his willy!
Blowing spit bubbles
Raising his eyebrows at everything and everyone

I could go on and on... All i know is that WE ARE MARVELOUSLY MADE!

p.s. Sorry for all the caps in this post... It just feels like it is something i need to shout :0!

No comments:

Post a Comment