Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Wednesday 27 March 2013

How a friend changed my life...

Today i had my hair cut by Stacy which is always so exciting because i always leave HAIR ON 1st IN GREENSIDE  feeling like a million bucks and looking great...


 My new hair :) And our garden wall- 1 handed phone photo!











Got me thinking about my incredible hair dresser and friend Stacy.
I haven't got the greatest self image but it is loads better than it used to be and i can attribute a lot of that to Stacy. I know Stacy from church and she had been nagging me to come see her to have my hair done. i put it off and put it off...mainly cos going to the hair dresser was traumatic. staring at myself for a couple of hours and leaving not feeling great... not my idea of fun.
So Stacy, booked me an appointment 1 day and told me to be there. I went, with trepidation, but i went. Stacy did colour in my hair, cut my hair in a short funky hair style and tinted my eyebrows. And gave me a 3 hour pep talk on myself... I dont think she even charged me.
And i looked good! i felt good!

It was like she flipped a switch in me... It wasn't like the next week i met Prince Charming AKA Philippe BUT...  I suddenly had confidence. i stepped up into leadership positions at church and work. it felt like i became more me... and i started seeing myself with more moderation... i am who i am- i am beautiful- i am good enough- i am me.

Stacy is a brilliant hair dresser stylist and she used her amazing gifts to bless me hugely. and change how i saw myself.
In thinking about Stacy i think that is the best thing you can do in life use your talents to bless someone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment