Let's start a conversation...

"We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they have all learned to live together in the same box!"

Monday 18 March 2013

Luc lesson...

Sorry i have been a bit quiet the last week...
I was sick and thats never fun... but being sick as a mommy is a whole other ball game. There is no having an afternoon nap or lying on the couch feeling sorry for yourself. My little boy doesn't understand why i am not playing at 100% energy levels. At one point i positioned multiple cushions around Luc while i lay on the floor of his room watching him play.
What this "being sick as a mommy" has taught me is:
  • I am not the centre of the universe... Being a mommy teaches you that quickly but this past week has hammered it home... It is so good to get over myself. the more i do this mommy thing i realise how selfishly i have lived life. I did what i wanted, when i wanted it. even in my marriage i was guilty of that. it was too often about me and my needs and not enough about Philippe and his needs or our families needs. So, Luc in his unassuming way, has thrown me in the deep end with this one. His needs are immediate and he doesnt understand that i am not feeling 100%! i have to put aside myself... And that is a good thing!
  • ASK FOR HELP! I needed to ask for help from my mom and Philippe. i am really good at being passive- aggressive when i dont get help... I actually need to say- please come home a bit early to help me or please watch Luc so i can sleep... Feeling sorry for myself and muttering to myself isn't going to get me help or communicate what i need
Thankfully i am feeling loads better...

No comments:

Post a Comment